Domestic Well Information

Domestic Well Owner Resources

Free Water Deliveries for Households With Dry Domestic Wells or Springs

Residents of Tehama County whose household wells or springs have gone dry can apply for free water deliveries through North Valley Community Foundation (NVCF), which has received a $5 million grant from Department of Water Resources as part of a statewide drought relief package.

The water delivery program through NVCF provides up to 60 gallons of drinking water delivered each month. For nonpotable uses, like laundry and showers, the program delivers up to 2,500 gallons of water per month. Residents without water tanks can have a large tank and pump installed free as part of the program. 

For additional information, please visit Completed applications can be returned to NVCF by mail or dropped off at Tehama County Environmental Health at 633 Washington Street, Red Bluff. 

An informational meeting will be held at the Corning Veterans Hall (1620 Solano Street, Corning) on Monday, December 12, 2022 from 4-6 pm.

For more information, email or call 530-230-4153.

Tehama County Water Delivery Flyer

Contract for Tehama County Property Owners

Dry Well Reporting 

Residents with dry wells are encouraged to file a dry well report with Department of Water Resources at Once the report is filed, Tehama County Environmental Health is notified. 

Reports may be filed directly with Environmental Health by calling (530) 527-8020.

Water Available to Residents With Dry Domestic Wells

Water is available at Mill Creek Park and Ridgeway Park for Tehama County Residents with dry domestic wells. This water is for personal use.

Bring your own hose and water containers to fill from the water spigot.

Water Location Flyer

Well Drillers in Tehama County

Currently Licensed and Bonded C-57 Drillers in Tehama County

This list was provided by Tehama County Environmental Health on February 2, 2023 and will be updated as provided. For the most current information, please call Environmental Health at 530-527-8020.

Hauled Water Available to Residents with Dry Wells

Tehama County now has a program in place to provide water to haulers from Mill Creek Park. There is no cost for the water, but haulers will charge homeowners a delivery fee. This fee will be paid directly to the hauler and is not determined by Tehama County.

Water hauling service is only available to those residents with dry wells. Residents must be on Tehama County Environmental Health‚Äôs dry well list. Residents can be added to the list by filing a report on the DWR portal at or by calling Environmental Health at (530) 527 ‚Äď 8020. If y a report is filed online, Environmental Health is notified.

Residents are to contact haulers directly to set up delivery.  

Approved hauler(s):

  • All American Emergency Services, 530-521-5377
  • Ben Haynes Construction, 530-781-3988
  • RK and Son, 530-809-5088

This list will be updated as new haulers are added.

Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC)

The Household Water Well System (HWWS) Loan Program is a low-interest rate loan program to assist individual households in the refurbishing, replacement, or construction of a household water well system.

USDA CA Drought Assistance

Rural Development, an agency of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), delivers a number of programs to help improve the quality of life in rural communities throughout the nation. These programs may also help rural communities, businesses and individuals impacted by California’s ongoing drought conditions.

My Well Has Gone Dry

What are some early signs that my well may go dry? What might cause my pump and well to have problems or go dry? My well has 'gone dry,' how do I begin to address the problem? What can I expect by contacting local authorities? View the brochure for the answers to these and many more questions.

Proactive Domestic Well Owner

What does it mean to be a proactive owner of a domestic well? What are the basic components of a domestic well water system and how does it all work? What information do I need to foresee a potential water supply problem? View the brochure for the answers to these and many more questions.

Where Does My Domestic Water Come From?

What does the groundwater basin where I pump groundwater look like? How is the groundwater recharged or refilled in the groundwater basin? How many groundwater wells are there and where are we pumping our water from? View the brochure for the answers to these and many more questions.