The Tehama County Groundwater Sustainability Agency is seeking applicants for the eleven-member Groundwater Commission. The Commission has advisory responsibilities pertaining to groundwater management in the seven, or quantity thereafter modified to, subbasins or portions thereof for which the Tehama County Flood Control and Water Conservation District has been designated as the Groundwater Sustainability Agency under the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
The Commission will operate on principles of stewardship to sustain a natural resource essential for life, health, welfare and sustainability of the community for generations to come. Commissioners are sought who are committed to collaborating with other interests for the long-term benefit of Tehama County groundwater resources and the people who rely on these resources.
The Commission would benefit from representatives with the following:
– knowledge of SGMA
– knowledge of Tehama County Groundwater Sustainability Plans
– knowledge of local groundwater issues
– commitment to cooperative solution development
– an interest in the preservation, protection, and enhancement of the groundwater in Tehama County
– technical expertise in a water-related field
– technical expertise in environmental concerns regarding water.
Applications are being accepted for one (1) representative from each of the five (5) Supervisorial Districts.
Applications are due by 4:00 PM on November 30, 2023. Applications can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/delivered to 1509 Schwab St., Red Bluff, CA 96080.
2023 Groundwater Commission Application – Fillable PDF